The Wealth Mindset For Financial Success
This page is part of the Zero To Hero series of Freedom Blueprints and provides information on how to change any beliefs that may hold you back from achieving financial success.
The Mindset We’ve Inherited
From a very young age, we’ve all been influenced by the belief systems and teachings of others, including our parents, our teachers, our friends, and the news outlets.
While many of the things we’ve come to learn are beneficial, there are several things we’ve all heard and been taught that hold us back from achieving what we want in life.
Some Of The Lies We Believe
You need to examine the things you’ve been told and determine how true they are for yourself. Some of the things I consider to be lies or half-truths include the following:
- Time is money: This lie keeps the poor and middle class in financial slavery, constantly reliant on having to trade their life (their time) at a job for money.
- Money doesn’t bring you happiness: Although money and happiness are not directly related, a life without money and financial security can lead to great unhappiness
- Money isn’t all that matters: People certainly matter more than money, but sometimes money matters a lot, because it might be required to save your life or the life of someone else.
- Wealthy people are greedy: We’re all greedy. We all want more money, more love, more sex, more vacations, more success. As long as greed doesn’t take over your life or cause someone harm, it is a positive motivational force for accomplishing something greater than what you have.
- Money makes you a bad person: Money doesn’t change you, it just makes you more of who you already are. If you are a good person before you have money, you’ll be a good person after you have money.
Other Mindsets That Are Holding You Back
Many people today believe that the wealthy should be forced to give up their hard-earned money in something referred to as “wealth redistribution” or “wealth tax”. I believe this to be immoral, as forcibly taking something from someone is wrong. If you are looking to become wealthy, how can you do so if you believe that wealthy people are somehow undeserving of what they’ve worked to achieve?
Do not believe that you are incapable or unworthy of achieving greater financial prosperity. You can achieve anything you work for in life and you are deserving of all the success you achieve.
Do not believe that you are unable to escape or rise past the financial status that you were born into. We all have unlimited capabilities locked inside us that are waiting for us to pursue them.
You Can Do It
You are worthy of increasing your financial status if you set your mind to it and apply the necessary discipline to achieve it. I’m rooting for your success!